Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, New British Art is a data controller because we collect and process personal information. We are allowed to do this as long as we have a valid, lawful reason for doing so.
The following indicates which legal bases we are relying on to process your personal information:
When you attend an event or course we will process your personal data to:
• Provide you with confirmation of your booking, venue details, access arrangements and where payment has been made, to process and record this payment. This processing is necessary for the performance of the contract between us.
• If you are staying with us on a residential course, it may be necessary for safety reasons that we keep a contact number for a close relative or friend in case of an emergency, or that we take a note of any serious allergies that you may have. We will only retain this information for the duration of your stay and will destroy it securely afterwards.
• Sometimes send you an evaluation or feedback form to complete and return. This is in our legitimate interests to assess the effectiveness and suitability of our events and to make improvements.
• Promote our events using photographs. At our events or courses, photographs may be taken. These photos will only be used to report on and share previous events and to promote similar, future events. This processing is in our legitimate interests to share information about events and promote future events within relevant contexts.
• Provide you with information on similar events that we may run in the future. We will only do this where you have previously told us that you wish to receive information. In this case, we will rely on your consent to legally process your personal data.
If you receive direct marketing about courses and other New British Art events, we will process your personal data to:
• Provide you with information about future events and about the activities of New British Art. We aim to ensure that the information we send to you is of interest and relevant to you. We will only send you direct marketing when you have previously consented to receive it. You can withdraw your consent at anytime. We will rely on your consent to legally process your personal data.
If, at any time, you wish to withdraw your consent for us to use a photograph that features you or if you don’t want to hear from us again please let us know by writing to us, emailing or telephoning, or speak to Caroline Taylor.
We will not share your contact details with anyone without your prior consent and will delete any out of date information.